Your Body Tells the Story of Your Life
- Are you reeling from a history of sexual trauma?
- Confused about how to move forward with a strong sense of self?
- Are you seeing a therapist but feeling safe in your body is still a challenge?
- Would you like to learn how to befriend your body?
My heart goes out to you. You are in a safe place. I can help you with this.
Would you like to?:
- Have a safe place to befriend your body
- Strengthen professional support for your healing process
- Develop the capacity to rest deeply so you can heal
- Move your nervous system out of ‘Fight & Flight’ and into ‘Rest & Digest’
- Learn tools to ground your body when you are triggered
- Cultivate the ability to fell calm and centered in body, mind and emotions
- Increase your capacity to move around in your life feeling confident, safe and secure
Sexual trauma affects our bodies, our mind and our emotions. It can also disrupt our spirit. Connecting with your body in a SAFE place with a safe person is ESSENTIAL for healing.
As an Emergency Room nurse, I was trained as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner and on the Sexual Assault Response Team. Sexual assault is a raw experience. It is deserving of deep respect and gentleness. Your body should be a source of safety. You deserve to be in control. I can help you TAKE YOUR POWER BACK.
Whether from recent, past or childhood trauma, symptoms – such as with PTSD – anxiety, panic, flashbacks are all normal. But you SHOULD NOT have to live with them. This means learning to start over. You are deserving of love and tenderness during those times. Learning to give your self love and tenderness is a process. Turning it into strength IS RECOVERY.
You’ve got this.
You can be SAFE, EMPOWERED, STRONG and FREE.
If you don’t have a therapist and would like to work with one, I can offer a local referral so that you have the support you deserve to heal fully. Bodywork and talk therapy are excellent tools to use together. Cutting edge trauma work is finally beginning to put together what most of us have known for a long time: your body tells the story of your life. The muscles and tissues of the body hold our story – they remember our experiences. If we leave out the body, we leave out a big part of our self.
Working with the body helps to calm, soothe and organize your Central Nervous System. YOUR BODY CAN RELAX. Your body needs time to shift from being in ‘Fight and Flight’ of the Sympathetic Nervous System, to the ‘Rest and Digest’ of the Parasympathetic Nervous System. You will feel calm, centered and grounded within yourself. CranioSacral Therapy is always performed OVER CLOTHING so that you experience a high degree of SAFETY, SECURITY and utmost GENTLENESS for the deep healing you deserve.
I am here to help you reclaim your self – BODY, MIND, and SOUL.
So, with all this in mind, I created #MeToo: Strong and Free as a 3 Session Package to give you the best opportunity to heal, grow and thrive:
If would like to connect with me on phone or Skype, I’m happy to talk with you – you can schedule a free consult below.
Or, call or text anytime (559) 786-3358 to schedule an appointment.
With deep respect,