Are you reeling from a history of sexual trauma?
Confused about how to move forward with a strong sense of self?
Are you seeing a therapist but feeling safe in your body is still a challenge?
Would you like to learn how to befriend your body?
My heart goes out to you. I am here to tell you that you can:
- Have a safe place to befriend your body
- Strengthen professional support for your healing process
- Develop the capacity to rest deeply so you can heal
- Move your nervous system out of ‘Fight & Flight’ and into ‘Rest & Reset’
- Learn tools to ground your body when you are triggered
- Cultivate the ability to fell calm and centered in body, mind and emotions
- Increase your capacity to move around in your life feeling confident, safe and secure
Sexual trauma affects our bodies, our mind and our emotions. It can also disrupt our spirit. As an Emergency Room nurse, I was trained as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner and on the Sexual Assault Response Team. Sexual assault is a raw experience. It is deserving of deep respect and gentleness. Your body should be a source of safety.
Anxiety, panic and flashbacks often occur with trauma. Working with the body helps to calm, soothe and organize your central nervous system. Your body can shift from the ‘Fight and Flight’ of the sympathetic nervous system, to the ‘Rest and Reset’ of the parasympathetic nervous system. You will feel safe and peaceful.
If you don’t have a therapist and would like to work with one, I can offer a local referral so that you have the support you deserve to heal fully. Bodywork and talk therapy are excellent tools to use together. Cutting edge trauma work is finally beginning to put together what most of us have known for a long time: the body holds our story. If we leave out the body, we may not heal as fully.
CranioSacral Therapy is always performed OVER CLOTHING. You will experience SAFETY, SECURITY, utmost GENTLENESS, and complete privacy for the deep healing you deserve, and so that you can reclaim your self and your life.
Transforming trauma into strength IS RECOVERY.
With deep respect,